there are more than enough places to find unique vintage pieces as well as fabulous thrift store clothing and accessories.
I've created a handy list of every (that I know of) secondhand/vintage shop in Ottawa.
1. Ragtime Vintage 43 Flora St.
2. Aunt Olives 209 Gilmour St.
3. Young Janes 223 Dalhousie St.
4. Allegro & Bang On 53 William St.
5. Gypsy and Co 203 Dalhousie St.
Secondhand Clothing + Consignment Stores
1. Rikochet Resale 255 Richmond Rd.
2. St. Vincent de Paul 1273 Wellington
3. The Clothes Secret 1136 Bank St.
4. AMH Style 1440 Wellington
5. Act 11 471 Hazeldean Rd. & 3500 Fallowfield Rd.
1. Value Village (multiple locations)
2. Salvation Army (multiple locations)
3. Goodwill 1620 Merivale Rd.
4. Bibles for Missions thrift store 1545 Merivale Rd.
- more selection
- depending on the day, can get very good deals
- less brand names = more unique pieces
- time consuming
- hit or miss
- less brand names (if thats what you look for)
- convenient (less time consuming)
- better brand names (usually better condition clothing)
- designer purses/jewlery/shoes at fraction of retail cost
- less selection
- usually more expensive
- shorter store hours (usually)